TOUR OF ST. PETERSBURG, YUSUPOV PALACE AND CANAL CRUISE
In a nutshell
Good to know
A day dedicated to St. Petersburg's key sights, with particular attention to the Peter and Paul Fortress and the intriguing residence of the Yusupov princes, ending with a cruise along the city's canals.
- Sightseeing tour including the Winter Palace, Neva river, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood
- Tour inside the Peter and Paul Fortress and the cathedral of the same name
- Tour of Yusupov Palace
- Cruise along the canals of St. Petersburg
- Our excursion will begin with a sightseeing tour of the city, passing its famous streets and sights and admiring its well-known buildings from outside. Highlights include the Winter Palace, the Neva river, Saint Isaac's Cathedral and the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood. We will travel alongside the city's canals, flanked by lavish, sparkling buildings with gold spires, cathedrals with colourful bulbous domes, and beautiful gardens full of flowers.
- We will stop in the heart of St. Petersburg for a tour inside the Peter and Paul Fortress and the cathedral of the same name, where political prisoners were kept before the October Revolution. We will find ourselves in the tallest building in the city which also holds the tombs of the Romanovs and beautiful 18th-century icons.
- Our tour will continue with a boat cruise along the rivers and canals that cut through the city for 300 km. Whilst the coloured domes and fairy-tale buildings bewitch us with their reflections twinkling on the water, our guide will tell us stories and legends about the noble families that once owned the buildings on the riverbank.
- After a nice lunch based on typical Russian specialities, we will quickly arrive at Yusupov Palace, a pivotal landmark for Russian history in the 18th and 19th centuries. This palace's history is inextricably linked to St. Petersburg and it was also the destination of many different famous Russians over the years. It was in this very residence belonging to the aristocratic Yusupov family that Rasputin was killed in 1916 in a masterful power play.
- The palace interior has been carefully restored and is partially used as a cultural centre for teachers. We will admire the ceremony rooms, the halls and the Yusupov princes' private theatre which is one of a kind.
Good to know
- No shopping preview, more time for Museums!
- Space is limited, so please
are included in the tour.
- The boat has indoor and outdoor seats. In the case of adverse
weather conditions, you are advised to wear suitable clothing.
- The price of the excursion includes tickets to use cameras and/or video cameras inside the palace.
- The order of the visits may be reversed. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- This tour is not recommended for Guests with mobility problems.
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchairs.