SUPER OSLO AND ICE BAR
Sightseen, Culture & local gems , From 1 to 3 hours walking, 51
Discover Oslo, the capital of Norway, a gem set among the wood-covered hills and fjord waters dotted with numerous islands. We will be captivated by its monuments and numerous sights.
- Akershus Fortress
- Oslo Opera House
- Oslo City Centre
- Vigeland Park
- Viking Ship Museum
- We will leave the jetty just below Akershus Fortress, which was first built in Medieval times and was then rebuilt in Renaissance style in the first half of the 1600s.
- After that, we will move towards one of the main sights of the city - the futuristic Opera House. Designed by Snøhetta, who also designed the Bibliotheca Alexandrina in Egypt, the Opera House covers 38,500 square metres and has 1,100 rooms. The main hall can sit 1,350 people. The building won several prizes such as the award in the culture category at the World Architecture Festival in Barcelona in 2008, the Mies van der Rohe Award in 2009 and the EU Prize for Contemporary Architecture. In the City Centre, we will admire the buildings that make up the beautiful heart of the city such as the Parliament, Royal Palace and City hall.
- We will then reach the Vigeland park for a guided walking tour. The park covers 32 hectares and there are over 200 sculptures created by sculptor Gustav Vigeland, who also designed the park. The artist never explained his work, so visitors can interpret them as they please. It will be interesting and fascinating to discover this world of stone, iron and bronze human beings. Among the most famous sculptures, there is the 17 metre-high Monolith at the centre of this beautiful park.
- We will then visit the Viking Ship Museum. The three ships on display date back to the 9th century and are in excellent condition. They represent an excellent example of Viking innovation and skill. The ships were used for long journeys and to bury chiefs. A collection of domestic utensils found during the excavations is also on display.
- Last but not least, we will visit the IceBar, where we will be given warm clothing at the entrance. In this magical bar, the walls, bars, furniture and decorations are entirely made of ice and we will also be offered a drink in a glass made of ice.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.