PANORAMIC TOUR OF STOCKHOLM AND SKYVIEW
A magnificent tour of the city, discovering its most beautiful and characteristic buildings from various eras of history. A journey through Stockholm's historic squares and cobbled streets, its most elegant districts, its uncontaminated nature a stone's throw from the centre, and along its magnificent streets that run along the water's edge. The highlight of the tour is a spectacular panoramic experience at the top of one of its symbolic buildings.
What we will see
- House of Nobility
- Sergels Torg
- Royal Dramatic Theatre
- Kaknäs Tower
- National Museum
- Globen with SkyView
What we will do
- Our destination is the magnificent northern capital of Stockholm.
- Admire the view from Fjällgatan panoramic point
- We leave the island of Riddarholmen and head for the city's more modern centre. We'll pass two more major sights, the Parliament and Riddarhuset or the House of Nobility, crossing the central Sergels Torg with its unmistakeable glass obelisk, and the elegant Östermalm district, home to numerous embassies and government buildings. At the beginning of the magnificent tree-lined street that runs alongside the bay of Nybroviken we'll see the majestic and sumptuous Art Nouveau Royal Dramatic Theatre. The Kaknäs Tower will then rise before us; at 155 metres in height, it is one of the most famous reference points in Stockholm. Next we'll see the National Museum, the largest art museum in the whole of Sweden and one of the oldest in Europe.
- We cross the magnificent island of Djurgården, a former royal hunting reserve that is now an idyllic place for wonderful walks.
- The excursion then continues towards the lively working-class district of Södermalm to the famous Globen whose unusual shape, like a giant gold ball, can be spotted on the horizon along the way. Globen is one of the largest hemispherical buildings in the world and is used as an arena for concerts and sporting events, ice hockey in particular.
- Globen recently acquired the spectacular SkyView, a lift made up of two spherical glass cabins that move smoothly along the exterior surface of the structure until they reach the summit. We'll experience this exciting journey, which takes us to a height of 130 metres, where the cabin makes a brief stop allowing us to enjoy a magnificent panoramic view of the city.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.