DISCOVERY OF KRISTIANSAND SURROUNDINGS BY BUS AND STEAMBOAT
Norway is primarily known for its fjords, the stretches of sea which weave into the coast, even across a few kilometres and which are often spectacular. We will be able to discover them on board a picturesque steamboat as part of this excursion which will also allow us to visit the Setesdal Open-Air Museum.
What we will see
- Coach and steamboat trip
- Setesdalen valleys, Bygland fjord, village of Bygland
- Setesdals Museum, guided tour
What we will do
- At the port, we will hop on-board our coach in the direction of the Setesdalen valleys, following an itinerary amongst nature which will take us to Bygland fjord, where we will hop on-board the 'Bjoren' steamboat, enjoying a small cruise in the fjord up to the village of Bygland.
- SS Bjoren regularly provides trips from the fjord of Byglandsfjord to Bygland-Ose, on the Byglandsfjorden lake in the Setesdal valleys. Using wood as fuel is a natural choice, making the 'Bjoren' a genuine floating museum.
- Surrounded by the majestic mountains which frame the lake, we will continue our journey to the Setesdals Museum where a guided tour will be provided. It is an open-air museum, which still houses ancient farms, the eldest of which dates back to the 17th Century, and where we can delve into the Norwegian Middle Ages, visiting the large hall of 1650, housed in one of the buildings, whilst centuries-old plants provide a backdrop outside. The museum is located near to Byglandsfjorden lake.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- The coach transfer takes approximately 3 hours.