A WALK IN THE TROPICAL FOREST AND THE CHARM OF CARBET FALLS
Giro turistico, Naturrundtur
Allow ourselves to be won over by the magic of the impressive Carbet Falls, one of the most beautiful places in Guadeloupe. The excursion involves walking through the rainforest to see one of the waterfalls up-close.
What we will see
- Carbet Falls
- Walk in the rainforest
What we will do
- We will depart from the port of Pointe-à-Pitre by coach and head towards Carbet Falls, which appears in the diary of none other than Christopher Columbus, who caught sight of it from his ship. There are three waterfalls: the highest stands at 120 metes, but which is also the furthest to get to; the middling waterfall, which can be easily accessed, and stands at 95 metres and the smallest which stands at 20 metres.
- The waters of the waterfall flow from the nearby volcano of La Soufrière (an altitude of 1467 metres, the highest point on Lesser Antilles) and outflows into the sea at Capesterre-Belle-Eau.
- Escorted by our guide, we will head to the blooming vegetation of the rainforest to enjoy a pleasant walk in the direction of the middling waterfall..
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- We recommend wearing comfortable, hard-wearing shoes.
- Access to the waterfall and swimming is not permitted.
- There is limited availability of English speaking guides.