UPON THE DISCOVERY OF THE NATURAL LANDSCAPE OF ST. LUCIA BY JEEP
Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking, 51
In a nutshell This tour will take you on a spectacular sightseeing trip with fabulous views of St Lucia, the sights and sounds of the tropical rainforest and a refreshing bath in the Caribbean Sea.
Good to know
- Wild jungle with rich and varied vegetation
- Panoramic point with view of Morne Gimie
- We depart from the pier in our open Top Landrover jeeps passing the Castries market with its colourful activity, the historic Roman Catholic Church and the city square recently renamed the Derek Walcott square in honour of the island’s second Nobel Laureate. Enjoy a short drive up Morne Fortune to the Morne View Point for a panoramic view of the Castries Harbour.
- The Jeeps transport guests up and away from the heat and bustle of the lowlands to an ecological park located in the heights of St Lucia’s forest reserve. The road leads to Chassin, in Babonnau on the foot of the La Sourciere mountain where you disembark to take a walk in the oldest protected rain forest Reserve in St. Lucia, the Castries Waterworks reserve (since 1916).
- Your guide will point towering Gommiers, impressive Chatanniers, and the remarkable phenomenon of the strangler Ficus, alighted upon by hummingbirds and banana quits and identify the calls and the plumage of the birdlife that makes the Caribbean Oceanic forest its home. Stroll through the Hummingbird gardens and get a close up with those playful birds.
- The jeeps continue on an unbelievable ride through St Lucian countryside passing through small villages giving an insight in the rural local life.
- Your journey continues towards the north of the island, passing through the small town of Gros Islet with its historic Catholic church before our last stop at Pigeon Island causeway, a beautiful beach at Rodney Bay. Submerge in the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea before the short drive back to the port.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Minimum age: 8 years: minors under the age of 8 cannot participate in the excursion as the jeeps are not equipped with suitable child seats.
- There is limited availability of English speaking guides.