Panorama, Beach, 1
In a nutshell An unforgettable cruise upon the discovery of the natural, most spectacular landscapes of St. Lucia, from where the two Pitons stand, symbolic of the island, standing horizontally like majestic guardians of a breathtaking scenario.
Good to know
- Western coast of Santa Lucia: villages of Anse La Raye and Canaries, Soufrière bay
- Volcanic cones of Pitons
- Cochon inlet
- Marigot Bay
- We will depart the port of Castries to sail along the western coast of Santa Lucia, passing near the fishing villages of Anse La Raye (which upholds original Caribbean atmosphere and where black magic, obeah (similar to voodoo), as well as other popular customs and superstitions are still used in our modern times) and Canaries, until we reach the bay of Soufrière (founded by the French in 1746, Soufrière is a buzzing city with typical Caribbean atmosphere, framed within the beautiful bay dominated by the two Pitons and which takes its name from the sulphurous springs, which are abundant in the region).
- During the trip, we will have the chance to enjoy the spectacular landscape, before arriving at the striking volcanic cones of the two Pitons, the Gros Piton (797 m)and Petit Piton (750 m), symbolic of the island and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to then take the road north.
- On our way back to the port of Castries, we will briefly stop to take a sip in the crystal-clear waters of the Cochon inlet: a must! The area is also known for its spectacular coral reefs near to the bank, boasting a variety of corals, sponges and fish, making it an excellent location for snorkelling and diving.
- We will continue on our wonderful cruise exploring the Bay of Marigot Bay, a trusted refuge for yachts and artists. Described by the English writer, James Michener as the Caribbean's most beautiful bay, over the centuries, the bay experienced terrible events: for years, it was a pirate's refuge and in the 18th Century, saw battles between the French and English; during World War Two, it served as a refuge for Nazi U-Boats. Over the past few years, owing to the beauty of the location and its white sand beaches and palms, Marigot Bay has experienced a remarkable surge of tourist interest: in addition the construction of luxury hotels and villas, the marina has expanded with restaurants and bars as well as an apartment complex with spa, almost renown as the place to be for yachts and sailing ships.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Minimum age: 5 years
- There is limited availability of English-language guides.
- This excursion requires that you know how to swim and that you are physically fit.
- This tour is not recommended for guests who suffer from sea sickness and those who have mobility problems.
- Mooring will take place as close to the beach as possible, however participants must dice into waters which are 1, 2 to 3 metres deep and swim to get there.
- Rum punch, fruit juices and water will be available for the entire duration of the excursion.