PRECOLUMBIAN EXPERIENCE IN DOMINICA
Nature, Culture, 2
In a nutshell
Good to know
A unique tour to discover the Pre-Columbian traditions and lifestyle of the Caribs as well as a delve into the unspoilt nature of the island of Dominica between valleys and waterfalls.
- Kalinago Barana Autê: reproduction of a Pre-Columbian village
- Horse Back Ridge lookout with views over the valleys and Atlantic Ocean
- Hibiscus Eco Village: vegetarian buffet with Caribbean dishes and traditional dances
- Hanicraft shopping or chance to take a swim in the river
- Hibiscus Falls
- We start off our excursion by visiting Kalinago Barana Autê, a village that reproduces the lifestyle and dwellings of the Caribs before the arrival of Christopher Columbus. The village is famous for its amazing location on a cliff overlooking the ocean.
- We walk along the path through the vegetation and stop to admire a small waterfall.
- From here, we continue to reach Horse Back Ridge, an exceptional lookout where our gaze encompasses mountain and valleys on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other.
- We continue our excursion along the road crossing the valleys as far as the famous Hibiscus Eco Village, located near one of Dominica’s numerous rivers.
- Here, we enjoy a vegetarian buffet featuring typical dishes of the Caribbean cuisine accompanied by a traditional dancing performance.
- We also have the chance to browse the shops to purchase handicrafts, take a swim in the river or admire the beautiful natural pools.
- Before getting back to the ship, we make a short stop at the Hibiscus Falls, hidden among the luxuriant forest vegetation yet easily accessible.
Good to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.