ROMNEY GARDENS AND RAINFOREST
Panorama, Nature, Drink included
A magnificent excursion allowing us to fully indulge in nature on the island of St. Kitts: ranging from the splendid Romney Gardens to the verdant rainforest, where a refreshing walk awaits upon the discovery of tropical plant and wild life.
What we will see
- Leeward Coast: picturesque valleys and fields, verdant mountains, Caribbean Sea
- Wingfield Estate: Romney Gardens and Caribelle Batik Studios
- Rainforest of St. Kitts: tropical plant and wild life
What we will do
- We will begin our tour with a coach ride along thepanoramic Leeward Coast, which winds round picturesque valleys and sugar cane fields, where we can glimpse verdant mountains on one side and the Caribbean Sea on the other side.
- The first stop on our tour takes us to Romney Gardens, 5 hectares of magnificent , well cared for gardens, belonging to the Wingfield estate, owned by Samuel Jefferson, the great-great grandfather of Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the United States and where, presently, Caribelle Batik Studios headquarters can be found, which creates world-famous extremely colourful tapestries, for which the famous brand, Caribelle Batik, is known.
- From here, we will continue our tour into theverdant rainforest of St. Kitts to freshen up with a walk amidst nature, along a level pathway with varying depth within the dense forest, where we can admire a large variety oftropical plant and animal life. Before and after the walk, we will be offered home-made Caribbean juices, seasonal fruit, sweets and spring water.
What you need to know
- Do not forget to bring your camera.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems or wheelchair users.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- This excursion includes an English speaking guide.