JEEP SAFARI IN THE RAINFOREST
Panorama, Nature, Beach, Shopping, Divertimento, Tasting
Get ready for a fun adventure aboard an open-top 4x4 Jeep driving through Dominica’s rainforest and through the amazing landscapes this island gifts its visitors with.
What we will see
- Morne Bruce viewpoint
- Botanical Gardens
- Wotten Waven sulphur springs
- Natural pool at Titou Gorge: swimming and tasting local products
What we will do
- Our excursion starts with a short drive around Roseau, the capital of Dominica, to admire some of its historic sights.
- We then leave the city centre behind us headed to the Morne Bruce viewpoint: its exceptional position 120 m asl enables us to take amazing photos of the capital and of the Caribbean Sea.
- We make a short stop at the Botanical Gardens where we can see the flora and fauna typical of Dominica.
- Afterwards, we get back on our Jeep and, climbing up the mountains, reach the Wotten Waven hot sulphur springs, a spa with hot water and sulphur gas springs residue of the island’s volcanic activity. These springs are famous for their therapeutic effects, so much so that Wotten Waven is also known as the “Health and Wellness Village”.
- We venture further into the island’s rainforest as far as a natural pool at Titou Gorge (which means “small gorge” in Creole) where we can cool down with a nice swim and taste a few local products before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
Please note: This tour does not feature a guide. Do not bring video cameras or still cameras disposable waterproof cameras are suggested, and take with you as well a raincoat. You will have the chance to swim in the Ti Tou Gorge (remind that the water it's colder than the usual rivers). Please wear your swimsuit under t-shirt/shorts before departing from the ship.