ROWING BOAT EXCURSION ON THE INDIAN RIVER
Panorama, Nature, Shopping, Divertimento, 6
A pleasant rowing boat excursion along the peaceful Indian River among mangroves, tropical trees and exotic birds to admire Dominica’s amazing unspoilt nature.
- Canefield Estate, Mahaut and Massacre fishing villages: stops for photos
- Portsmouth and Indian River
- Rowing boat excursion along the Indian River: trees and mangroves, exotic birds, reptiles
- Stop at the Jungle Bar for a free drink
- We set off for our excursion leaving the port behind us on our coach and, together with our expert guide, head north towards the city of Portsmouth (second largest city in Dominica) and the Indian River.
- Along the way, we pass by famous sights in the western coast such as the Canefield Estate (home to one of the island’s two airports) and the fishing villages of Mahaut and Massacre (named in memory of the massacre of the Caribbean Indians in 1674).
- Before arriving in Portsmouth (second largest city on the island), we make a few stops along the way to take marvellous photographs from the top of the mountains.
- Once at the Indian River, we get off the coach and board rowing boats to start our excursion along the river once used by the Caribbean populations to trade with the Europeans.
- The river is flanked by huge Amazon-type trees and mangroves, natural habitat to exotic birds, reptiles and various wild animals.
- Along the way, we make a stop at the Jungle Bar to enjoy a free drink and taste the famous “dynamite” rum punch before heading back on our boat.
- The excursion ends with us returning to the ship in Roseau.
Good to know
Please note: This tour does not feature a guide. We recommend taking insect repellent.