EXCURSION TO THE MIDDLEHAM FALLS
Panorama, Nature, Beach, Divertimento, 6
An adventurous excursion entirely dedicated to the amazing Middleham Falls, among the highest in Dominica and surrounded by tropical jungle, to spiritually reconnect with a primordial unspoilt nature unique in the world.
- Laudat Mountain Range: mountains and stops for photos
- Middleham Trail: jungle trail, tropical flora and fauna
- Middleham Falls: a dip in the waterfall's crystal-clear waters
- Stop in a local bar for a drink and some fruit
- We leave the port behind us comfortably seated on an air-conditioned coach together with our expert guides and drive through the city of Roseau eastwards towards the Laudat Mountain Range.
- As we proceed towards the mountains, we are fascinated by the climb that takes us up to almost 1000 metres above sea level.
- Along the way, we make a few stops to take some photos of this mountain scenery.
- We then arrive at the start of the Middleham Trail, where we get off the bus and, together with our guide, set off for an interesting walk along the trail stretching into the thick rainforest as far as the Middleham Falls.
- As we walk surrounded by rivers and mountains and venture further into Dominica’s amazing jungle, our guide illustrates the local flora and fauna, including various species of exotic birds and over 60 species of trees forming a leafy roof that inhibits the growth of the underbush.
- We finally arrive at the Middleham Falls, 122 metres high and known as “The Jewel”, where we get the chance to go for a swim in its crystal-clear waters.
- We walk back along the same trail, at the end of which we find our coach waiting for us.
- Before getting back to the ship, we make a short stop in a local bar to cool down with some local fruit or enjoy a rum punch.
Good to know
Don't forget to bring your swimsuit and a towel as you will have the opportunity for a short swim whilst at the waterfall. This tour is only suggested for sportive guests, it is a physical strong hiking tour. Don't forget a bottle of water and proper walking shoes. The trail can be muddy