THE AMERICA'S CUP REGATTA
Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking, 51
In a nutshell The America's Cup regatta for 12 metre yachts organised at St Maarten is an opportunity to relive the experience of this competitive sport on board prestigious multi-million dollar America's Cup yachts in an exciting simulation of the race that is sure to raise adrenalin levels.
Good to know
- Competition sailing yachts
- America's Cup course
- Adrenalin level raising regatta
- Final toast with fruit punch and rum punch
- We meet the yacht crews at the port. Before we embark on this exciting adventure, we are split into teams and we are given a brief introduction to the regatta.
- As soon as we board a yacht, the crew assigns a task to each participant and provides all the necessary instructions on how to carry out the task and the order that is given to carry it out.
- From this moment on the simulated competition starts and, under the watchful eye of the crew, we are actively involved in sailing these fantastic 'greyhounds of the sea'.
- The red flag signals the start, and two classical racing show pieces with a mast that is as high as an eight-storey building are off in an all out challenge where hundredths of a second count. Excitement reaches fever pitch!
- The racing yachts glide over the crystal clear waters at an incredible speed and all the participants give their utmost to win! The wind blows, the guy ropes tighten, the boats race towards the finishing line and it all feels authentic as though we were really taking part in the mythical America's Cup.
- At the end of the regatta we will all join in to have a celebration toast with rum punch and fruit punch before returning to the ship.
Good to know
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems and those who suffer from sea sickness.
- We recommend wearing soft sports shoes.
- We recommend wearing a t-shirt and trousers on top of your swimsuit and bringing a plastic bag with you to avoid getting personal items and camera equipment wet.
- Safety and trip information will be provided by the boat's crew.
- Minimum age: 9 years.
- There are no bathrooms onboard the vessels - guests are advised to use the facilities before departing on this tour.