TROPICAL ANIMALS AND WILD NATURE: A VISIT TO THE PARC DES MAMELLES
Nature, Drink included
The wild beauty of the Parc des Mamelles (Mammal Park), in the heart of the Guadeloupe National Park. This excursion allows us to observe close up this unique natural habitat, which has been a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve since 1992.
What we will see
- Guadeloupe National Park: Parc des Mamelles, rainforest, canopy adventure, Cascade aux Écrevisses (Crayfish Waterfall)
What we will do
- From the port of Point-à-Pitre we travel by coach to the Parc des Mamelles (Mammal Park), in the Guadeloupe National Park, with a scenic journey on the Route de la Traversé which goes along the coast of the Island of Basse-Terre.
- Once we reach our destination, we have the opportunity to explore the rainforest and observe the unusual fauna found in the Caribbean and in Latin America. The Parc des Mamelles is an important habitat for many species of animals which for some time have been studied by environmentalists and which we also will find of great interest.
- At the park we also have the opportunity to observe the forest from the tree tops, by crossing the suspended bridges that wind through thecanopy, the highest part of the tropical forest, 15m above the ground. * From here we can enjoy a spectacular view of Pigeon Island.
- As a fitting end to our tour, we take a walk in the heart of this beautiful tropical forest where we also see the Cascade aux Écrevisses ('Crayfish Waterfall').
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- There is limited availability of English speaking guides.
- Minimum age: 6 years.