THE RAIN FOREST BY CABLE CAR
Panorama, Nature, Drink included
An unusual way to view unspoiled nature in St Lucia and appreciate the rainforest with all its colours from a totally new perspective, gliding along in a cable car to see the lush tropical vegetation teeming with life.
What we will see
- Mountain village at an altitude of 600 m, rainforest crossing by cable car, creeper plants, 'Chatannier', Magnolia and Gommier trees, parrots
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach, cut across the capital city, Castries, in the direction of the mountains and head for a small village nestled in the mountains at an altitude of 600 metres.
- When we arrive at our destination we are given a security briefing and then we proceed with our aerial excursion in a cable car through the rainforest, from where we have a wonderful panoramic view over the vast expanse of the island's lush vegetation which extends from the Atlantic Ocean to the Caribbean Sea.
- Nurtured by warm, gentle rain and rich volcanic soil, St. Lucia's forests have achieved a state of dignified magnificence. Our cable cars glide safely over the tree tops, where a tangled maze of forest creepers wrap themselves round the old trees all the way to the very top. Among the many plants we can see, there are Giant 'Chatannier' trees (Chestnut trees with massive trunks of particularly hard wood and a highly developed root system), Magnolias and Gommier trees, that are all over the terrain providing food and shelter for St. Lucia's endemic and endangered parrot.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion will be conducted in English.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests who suffer from vertigo.
- Owing to the humid weather characteristic of this area, sudden downpours may occur.
- Participants are advised to wear long trousers and to bring insect repellent.
- Maximum weight: approximately 610 kg per cable car.