TOBRUK SHEEP STATION: VISIT TO AN AUTHENTIC AUSTRALIAN FARM
Panorama, Nature, 5
In a nutshell
Good to know
A visit to the Tobruk Sheep Station provides the greatest and most authentic rural experience in the Sydney region. It is a fun interactive tour suitable for the whole family.
- Tobruk Sheep Station
- Hawkesbury River
- Blue Mountains
- Rustic buildings
- Drovers Campa
- Farm animals
- We leave the port by coach and head north of Sydney towards the Tobruk Sheep Station. Covering over 70 hectares of a plateau overlooking the Hawkesbury river, Tobruk is surrounded by protected forests and the typical Australian outback and offers an amazing view of the Blue Mountains.
- Once at our destination, we immediately feel like we are in the middle of nowhere, even though the Tobruk Sheep Station is located just 70 minutes from Sydney and 10 from Wisemans Ferry.
- We are welcomed by farmers who cannot wait to show us just what it is that makes Australia so unique. We see charming rustic buildings and visit the blacksmith, learn how “damper” (typical Australian bread) is made on the fire at Drovers Camp and enjoy a close encounter with local animals before admiring the breath-taking sunset over the Hawkesbury river and Blue Mountains.
- After our visit, the coach will take us back to the ship.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- There is limited availability of English-language guides.