THE LORD OF THE RINGS - HOBBITON FILM SET TOUR
Panorama, Divertimento, Tasting
A journey to another world to the location used by Peter Jackson to film scenes from “The Lord of the Rings”. This is a fun, interesting excursion that includes the famous film set and a special immersive experience in rural life.
What we will see
- Coach excursion, Kaimai Range
- Hobbiton Movie Set, sightseeing tour, hobbit lairs, Green Dragon Inn, Old Mill
- Shires Rest Café
What we will do
- We will leave the ship and embark on a sightseeing coach tour from Tauranga to the region of Waikato through the mountains in the Kaimai Range, until we reach the Hobbiton film set, near the rural town of Matamata.
- The Hobbiton Movie Set is a visitors’ centre in the original location created for scenes from The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogies.
- Our excursion on-set begins with a sightseeing tour of a 1,250-acre sheep farm with spectacular views of the mountains in the Kaimai Range.
- Our guide will explain how these important film sets were created and we will have the opportunity to visit the hobbit lairs, Green Dragon Inn and the Old Mill, and see for ourselves how this rural area has been literally transformed into the Middle-Earth.
- Before we set off back to Tauranga and the ship, we will stop for afternoon tea at Shires Rest Café, the on-set bar and restaurant.
What you need to know
Space is limited, so please reserve early.