SCHOONER TRANSFER TO ILHA RANDE AND SNORKELLING IN LAGOA AZUL
An escuna, a typical Brazilian schooner , takes us to discover Ilha Grande, an island that used to give refuge to pirates and slaves and now a true ecological sanctuary boasting heavenly scenery, thriving nature and white sandy beaches lapped by crystal-clear waters, and Lagoa Azul, where we can snorkel and combine relaxing moments with the fantastic sensation of being in touch with nature.
- Escuna ride to Ilha Grande: traditional Brazilian music on board
- Snorkelling at Lagoa Azul: bay with crystal-clear waters, corals, tropical fish, sea turtles
- Stop for photos at Ilha do Ivo Pitanguy and swimming at Praia das Flechas
- We start our excursion in St. Luzia by boarding an escuna, a sort of typical Brazilian schooner with toilets and bar service taking us to discover the beautiful beaches in Ilha Grande, the largest island in the archipelago facing the coast of Angra dos Reis, as we enjoy traditional music and fresh fruit.
- Upon arriving at Lagoa Azul, we admire the beauty of this small bay with its crystal-clear water, corals, tropical fish and starfish.
- We stop for some snorkelling and, with a bit of luck, we might be able to see marvellous sea turtles among the various species populating these waters.
- Back on board, we will enjoy a sightseeing tour of Ilha do Ivo Pitanguy, and Praia das Flechas before heading back to the port.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Portuguese speaking guides only.
- The itinerary may vary depending on weather conditions or for safety reasons.
- To disembark in Lagoa Azul, you need to dive into the water, which is at least 3 metres deep.
- Snorkelling equipment not included.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with heart conditions, mobility problems or wheelchair users.
- We recommend bringing a towel, hat, sunscreen and local currency.
- The colour of the water, and visibility, may vary depending on the weather.