VISIT MACEIÓ AND RELAX AT PRAIA DO FRANCÊS
In a nutshell A varied tour to the historical and tourist attractions of Maceió, taking us to the southern coast of the region, where we can admire spectacular lagoons and relax on one of the most beautiful beaches in Brazil. A tasting of typical products completes this journey of discovery of the Alagoas region.
Good to know
- Maceió: sightseeing tour
- Pontal da Barra
- Praia do Francês
- Tasting of typical products
- To learn more about the city of Maceió, we begin our tour with a sightseeing tour of the Jaraguá district declared an historical heritage site of the state of Alagoas, where time seems to stand still amongst the imposing baroque and colonial style buildings.
- We then go to the famous Pontal da Barra craft district where local artisans produce lace, embroidery and a wide selection of bags, accessories and handmade clothes. Here we can admire the work of master craftsmen and spend some free time doing a bit of shopping.
- Our itinerary continues out of town, heading towards the coast south of Maceió, to take in the picturesque lake landscapes of the two most important lagoons in the region: Lagoa do Mundaú and Lagoa Manguaba which, together, form one of the largest lagoon complexes of the world.
- We then reach Praia do Francês, one of Brazil's most beautiful beaches where there is a beautiful and colourful coral reef. If we are lucky with the tide, we can admire it in all its glory!
- On the beach, we have free time to enjoy the magnificent local attractions: We can take a dip in the water, snap some unforgettable photographs and relax in a true paradise.
- When not in the water we can also treat our palates to a tasting of local products in a beach restaurant.
Good to know
- Space is limited, so be sure to book early.
- Don't forget a swimsuit, towel and sun cream.
- There is limited availability of English-language guides; if these are not available the local guide's commentary will be translated by a local interpreter.