DISCOVERING SALVADOR DE BAHIA
Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking, 52
In a nutshell
Good to know
A pleasant walk around the city of Salvador de Bahia with the possibility of tasting some famous specialities of Bahian cuisine.
- Museum of Mercy
- Terreiro de Jesus
- Igreja de São Francisco
- Porto da Barra
- Sol Barra: tasting of colonial tea and Bahian cuisine specialities
- We leave the port behind us and head towards the city centre. We stroll around the streets of the Pelourinho neighbourhood, admire the Museum of Mercy, the lively Terreiro de Jesus square, the Cathedral and the Igreja de São Francisco.
- We then move towards Porto da Barra, symbol of the founding of the city of Salvador. Before going back to the ship, we stop at Sol Barra to enjoy a lovely colonial tea tasting session as well as many traditional Bahian cuisine specialities.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- The excursion involves long periods of walking, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes. * There is limited availability of English-language guides; if these are not available the local guide's commentary will be translated by a local interpreter.
- The itinerary may be subject to change due to logistic reasons or extenuating circumstances.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.