DISCOVERY TOUR OF SÃO PAULO
Panorama, Culture, Meal included
In a nutshell An interesting tour to of the great metropolis of São Paulo, a few dozen kilometres inland, with its beautiful city parks and monuments that speak of the history and traditions of its people.
Good to know
- Rodovia Anchieta/Imigrantes
- São Paulo
- Ibirapuera Park and Obelisk
- Morumbi District
- Historical monuments in the city centre
- Parque da Independência
- We leave the port of Santos and climb to the Serra do Mar mountain range along the Rodovia Anchieta/Imigrantes, a spectacular motorway that wends its way over numerous viaducts and tunnels, climbing over 900 metres.
- We then arrive in the capital of the State of the same name as well as the largest metropolis in Brazil: São Paulo. Originally a little village founded in 1554 by the Jesuits, it is currently considered the largest city in Latin America.
- We visit this great metropolis looking at the main sites, such as Ibirapuera Park, the green heart of the city, testimony to this country's care and love of the environment.
- There, we stop off at the Obelisk, the monument-mausoleum to the memory of the soldiers who participated in the Constitutionalist Revolution of 1932.
- We pass through the Morumbi district, one of the noblest areas of the city, home to the racecourse, the Government Building and the Morumbi Stadium. Also we walk along the Avenida Brigadeiro Faria Lima, the important commercial and financial centre of the city.
- After a restorative lunch, we head to other important historical monuments such as the Cathedral, the Pátio do Colégio, the place where the city was founded, the Municipal Theatre and Praça da República.
- Finally we stop to take photos in the Parque da Independência, the place where, in 1822, Emperor Pedro I proclaimed Brazilian independence. The park contains the independence building-monument erected in 1890, which now houses the Museu Paulista (exterior visit) and a lovely garden in the French style.
Good to know
- Lunch does not include drinks.
- Space is limited, so be sure to book early.
- The excursion is only for guests not disembarking in Santos.