CABO FRIO AND BOAT TRIP
In a nutshell
Good to know
A visit to the charming town of Cabo Frio with a lovely walk through its town centre and then a boat trip to discover the most famous beaches and submarine life. The day ends with a bit of shopping in “bikini street”.
- Cabo Frio
- Praia do Forte
- São Benedito square
- São Benedito church
- Cabo Frio canal
- Forte São Mateu
- Natural pools
- Ilha dos Papagaios
- Canal do Itajuru
- Rua dos Biquínis
- From Buzios, a coach ride will take us to Cabo Frio, a town famous for its historical and natural heritage. It is one of the most ancient areas in Rio de Janeiro and boasts blue waters and white beaches.
- A sightseeing tour of the town enables us to admire the striking Praia do Forte, one of the most famous in the region, and takes us to the historic centre.
- We walk as far as São Benedito square with its church and admire the old houses built when the town was a colony.
- In the harbour, we get on an escuna boat with which we cross the Cabo Frio canal and go on a sightseeing tour of the Forte São Mateus, a stronghold against pirate attacks built between 1616 and 1620. We also admire some natural pools that characterise this amazing scenery.
- We stop for some snorkelling just off the magnificent Ilha dos Papagaios (Parrot Island).
- Then we move on to visit part of Canal do Itajuru, also known as the “Brazilian Miami” for its luxurious villas with their private moorings and yachts.
- After disembarking, we have some free time for some shopping along Rua dos Biquínis (Bikini street).
Good to know
- Snorkelling will take place in the beach of the Fort in the event of adverse weather conditions.