DISCOVERING BRAZILIAN NATURE: PRAIA DO FORTE AND THE TAMAR PROJECT
Sightseen, Relax, Designed for families, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly, 50
This excursion gives us the chance to enjoy the best tropical nature Brazil has to offer - amazing panoramic roads, beaches, lagoons and fantastic sea turtles.
- Coconut Road
- Praia do Forte
- Tamar project
- Guarajuba beaches
- Local restaurant
- We start our excursion with the famous Coconut Road, Brazil’s first ecological highway.
- We then pass through Arembepe, the first hippy village in Brazil visited by both Janis Joplin and Mick Jagger in the 1960s.
- We cross various protected areas on the north coast and reach the picturesque fishing village of Praia do Forte, where we can wander among the narrow alleys filled with arts and craft shops.
- We then learn about the Tamar Project. “Tamar” means sea turtle and, in fact, the project is an initiative to protect this fantastic animal, five different species of which are found on the Brazilian coast. They are studied and protected to prevent them from extinction.
- We continue with the amazing beach of Guarajuba, where we can enjoy taking a dip in its warm crystal-clear waters.
- It is now lunchtime, so why not end our excursion with a few typical dishes in a local restaurant? After delighting our palate, we make our way back to the port.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.