ILHEUS AND TIJUIPE WATERFALLS
Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell A wonderful excursion to the to the city of Ilheus with its churches and typical shops becomes an adventure in the heart of the Atlantic forest with the breathtaking scenery provided by the Tijuipe waterfalls.
Good to know
- City tour of Ilheus: St. Sebastian cathedral, Church of San Jorge, craft shops
- Ilheus-Itacare road
- Serra Grande panoramic viewpoint
- Tijuipe waterfalls
- We start our excursion with a short tour of the city of Ilheus, St. Sebastian cathedral and the Church of San Jorge and a visit to some typical craft shops.
- We then continue north on the Ilheus-Itacare road, considered the first ecological road in Brazil. It is a particularly beautiful route that stretches through swamps, the Atlantic forest, environmental preservation areas and along rivers. We can also see the nets hanging on the trees along the road that help small animals cross the road safely.
- A stop at the Serra Grande panoramic viewpoint enables us to admire and photograph amazing beaches.
- We then reach the Tijuipe waterfalls where we can dip into the cool water or stroll along the paths to admire the most beautiful waterfalls in the region.
Good to know
- The structure near the waterfalls is equipped with a restaurant and bathrooms where you can get changed.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Minimum age: 6 years.