DISCOVER THE NATURE, SCENTS AND FLAVOURS OF ILHEUS
Panorama, Nature, Beach
An interesting excursion to see some traditional sights in the city of Ilheus but which focuses mainly on the cultivation and production of cocoa, a cocoa research centre and on the preservation of Atlantic forest animal species.
- St. Sebastian Cathedral
- Bar Vesùvio
- Ilhéus-Itabuna road
- Yrerê cocoa fazenda
- Rustic breakfast
- Ceplac: cocoa crop prototype, chocolate factory
- We leave the port behind us and head towards Dom Eduardo square, where we stop to take a few pictures of St. Sebastian Cathedral and Bar Vesùvio the oldest and most popular bar/ restaurant of the city.
- We reach the Yrerê cocoa fazenda following the Ilhéus-Itabuna road. Once there, we go on an ecological trail accompanied by a local guide who unveils the secrets of cocoa production, illustrating the structure of the tree and its cultivation as well as the development of this crop, fundamental for the economy of this region. We then visit a Barcaça where cocoa seeds are dried before being sold to wholesalers.
- After this, we have a little free time to taste an excellent rustic breakfast and visit the fazenda.
- The excursion continues towards Ceplac, an important research centre dedicated to cocoa and to the preservation of animal species typical of the Atlantic forest. Here we have the chance to visit a cocoa crop prototype and a chocolate factory.
Good to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Minimum age: 6 years.
- This excursion does not include a guide.