Rio de Janeiro
RIO BY NIGHT AND BRAZILIAN NIGHT LIFE IN A FAMOUS CLUB
The fascinating night life of Rio: this tour is a unique occasion to admire Rio under a different and even more enchanting light thanks to a night-time visit that takes us to listen to excellent music in a club surrounded by the local night-life with stops to take photos by night and the crossing of the futuristic Rio-Niterói bridge, one of the most important architectural feats in Brazil.
What we will see
- Avenida Rio Branco
- Opera House and Museum of Fine Arts
- Evening at the Rio Scenarium bar and night club
- Brazilian night-life: good music, drinks and snacks
- Stop for photos at the Rodrigo de Freitas lagoon
- Stop for photos at Copacabana beach
- Rio-Niterói bridge crossing
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us on a coach and set off on an evocative sightseeing tour of the city centre. We are surrounded by the hectic gleaming shops in Avenida Rio Branco, Rio de Janeiro’s major road, and admire the city’s most important buildings in the fascinating night-time setting, including the Opera House in the magnificent Neoclassical style and with splendidly-lit multicolour windows, and the Museum of Fine Arts which strikes us with its elegant façade embellished with a subtle play of lights.
- Our tour continues with a stop of around 1 hour and 30 minutes at the Rio Scenarium bar and night club, located in the Lapa district, a vibrant area famous for its night life. At Rio Scenarium, we have the chance to listen to some good Brazilian music, eat and drink in its typical setting. What better way to discover and appreciate the South American lifestyle?
- We continue our excursion headed towards the streets of the Copacabana district as far as the Rodrigo de Freitas lagoon, situated in the south of the city. We stop here to capture the scenery in the enchanting night-time atmosphere on our cameras. From this privileged viewpoint, we can also spot the famous statue of Christ the Redeemer which, blindingly lit at night-time, sits at a height of 710 metres on Mount Corcovado.
- We make a second stop for photos at the famous Copacabana beach where the golden sand takes on countless hues thanks to the myriad of lights from the nearby street.
- We end this thrilling excursion by crossing the Rio-Niterói bridge, a suspended artery that spans over the bay for almost 14 kilometres. Driving along the bridge at night-time, we almost get the impression we are sailing on the sea as magnificent views of the city brimming with colours and lights pass before our eyes.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Guests who wish to spend longer in Lapa will have to return to the ship at their own expense.
- Food and drinks at the “Rio Scenarium bar and night club” are not included in the price of the ticket.