DISCOVERY: COLOMBO, BETWEEN PRESENT AND PAST
Designed for families, Culture & local gems , Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
The perfect excursion for those wishing to sample the city of Colombo's main attractions, including the historic and cultural heritage.
- Pettah Bazar
- Cinnamon Gardens
- St. Lucia's Cathedral (photo stop)
- Buddhist Temple of Asokaramaya
- National Museum of Colombo (exterior)
- Viharamahadevi Park
- City Hall Building (exterior)
- Seema Malakaya (photo stop)
- Fort area
- We leave the coach and embark on a scenic tour of Pettah Bazar, taking a break to take photos at the Cinnamon Gardens.
- The tour will continue to St. Lucia's Cathedral and we will also visit the Buddhist Temple of Asokaramaya (interior).
- We will stop at the City Hall and the National Museum of Colombo (visit of the exterior). Subsequently, we will pass by Viharamahadevi Park.
- The tour will take us to Lakmedura, where we will have the opportunity to buy splendid artisan products.
- We will then return to the coach and head towards the area of Fort, and take a pleasant walk around the colonial style buildings.
Good to know
- When visiting the Buddhist Temple of Asokaramaya, you must remove your shoes and wear socks.
- In order to take photos or film videos within the temple, you must purchase the necessary tickets.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended: shoulder and knees must be covered.
- This excursion is not recommended to guests with mobility problems.