SINGAPORE EXPRESS (ends at the airport)
PasseparTour, Culture, Shopping
In a nutshell
Good to know
A tour to admire the main sights of the city including temples, mosques, colonial buildings and lively ethnic neighbourhoods.
- Parliament House
- Victoria Theatre
- Empress Place Building
- Sheraton Way
- Thian Hock Keng temple
- Little India
- Arab Street
- Sultan Mosque
- This tour starts with a short visit to the colonial quarter, where we can admire various restored buildings such as the Parliament House, Victoria Theatre, Empress Palace Building and the Merlion statue, i.e. the mythological figure with a lion’s head and mermaid body which has become the city's symbol.
- After crossing the Singapore river, our coach takes us along Sheraton Way as far as the historic Chinatown, where we can appreciate the multitude of religions that coexist in Singapore.
- We visit the Thian Hock Keng Temple, built in 1921 by some Chinese fishermen as an offer to the God of the Sea, Ma Zu who watched over their voyages, its architectural style is based upon the traditional southern Chinese style.
- An examination of the temple structure and the wood sculptures demonstrates that the temple was assembled without using nails.
- We then leave Chinatown towards Little India. We remain enchanted by the colours, noises and smells that permeate this lively quarter populated by numerous shops selling silks and other artefacts.
- Before making our way to the airport, we have time to pass through Arab Street where we can admire the majestic Sultan Mosque from the comfort of our coach.
Good to know
- Comfortable shoes and sportswear are recommended.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- There is limited availability of English-language guides; if these are not available the local guide's commentary will be translated by a local interpreter.
- The excursion ends at the airport.
- This excursion is available to guests whose flights depart after 17:30.